Vanderbilt Hustler: Lunch and Learn: The start of the Mark Byington era in Nashville (interview)

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.
AuricGoldfinger

Vanderbilt Hustler: Lunch and Learn: The start of the Mark Byington era in Nashville (interview)

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

Encouraging to see him spending time early on with a variety of media outlets. He invited the Hustler staff to have lunch with him at McGugin.

https://vanderbilthustler.com/2024/04/2 ... nashville/
Dore1997

Re: Vanderbilt Hustler: Lunch and Learn: The start of the Mark Byington era in Nashville (interview)

Post by Dore1997 »

I’m more and more impressed with him every day. Getting on these media sites with the students and Rivals etc can really help restore our fan base. People will root for someone that they think has invested in the community.
frstev17

Re: Vanderbilt Hustler: Lunch and Learn: The start of the Mark Byington era in Nashville (interview)

Post by frstev17 »

So refreshing and a far cry from prior regimes. We need to get the students involved again. Their attendance really matters.
kslaught

Post by kslaught »

to me, he has sort of a James Franklin type vibe. Enthusiastic and eager to engage the fans.
ForeverHopeful

Post by ForeverHopeful »

I am one of the people who can't stand James Franklin, so I hope he doesn't have that vibe. We can have the enthusiasm and engagement without the sleaziness of Franklin.
docdore

Post by docdore »

methinks we have a coach that understands collegiate hoops.
bhoyal

Post by bhoyal »

ForeverHopeful wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:47 am I am one of the people who can't stand James Franklin, so I hope he doesn't have that vibe. We can have the enthusiasm and engagement without the sleaziness of Franklin.
Speaking of sleaze, have you seen the portal class Wade is brining in at McNeese State?

Every season now there seems to be a breakout mid-major or two...JMU and Indiana St. last year, FAU before that... McNeese is going to be one.
ForeverHopeful

Post by ForeverHopeful »

bhoyal wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 am
ForeverHopeful wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:47 am I am one of the people who can't stand James Franklin, so I hope he doesn't have that vibe. We can have the enthusiasm and engagement without the sleaziness of Franklin.
Speaking of sleaze, have you seen the portal class Wade is brining in at McNeese State?

Every season now there seems to be a breakout mid-major or two...JMU and Indiana St. last year, FAU before that... McNeese is going to be one.
Yes to all of that.
VUdores05

Post by VUdores05 »

What he has done in a month has been miraculous. We had nobody on the roster and next year could have been a complete throwaway year. Yet here we are with an extremely solid transfer class so far only 1 or 2 pieces away from a decent SEC roster. CMB is an animal.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic