Vandy Lands First Portal Player

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.
MikeADore

Vandy Lands First Portal Player

Post by MikeADore »

Charlestonalum

Re: Vandy Lands First Portal Player

Post by Charlestonalum »

Sounds very solid.
Nashmann

Post by Nashmann »

Finally....amen! Looks like a solid player.
geeznotagain

Post by geeznotagain »

Nashmann wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:38 am Finally....amen! Looks like a solid player.
"Solid" is okay. Solid is good. Solid is like eating your veggies. I'm hoping, though, for a "Wow!!" pickup, like lobster or prime rib.
Nashmann

Post by Nashmann »

geeznotagain wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:13 pm
Nashmann wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:38 am Finally....amen! Looks like a solid player.
"Solid" is okay. Solid is good. Solid is like eating your veggies. I'm hoping, though, for a "Wow!!" pickup, like lobster or prime rib.
I would love a "Wow" commit too however with 4 open spots at least we bring someone in as a one-year player. Still 3 slots open for hopefully a wow transfer get if there are any left!
mathguy

Post by mathguy »

I agree geez. I was very proud of the team last year ... but at the same time they showed us exactly how good they were, and exactly how good they were not. They had a solid record, but didn't beat anyone in the SEC that finished ahead of them. They won a first four game against a comparable team, then got kinda hammered in the first round.

The *team* was a solid eat your veggies team, that never really produced an upset.

We *should* be better next year. Despite Cambirdge leaving, we return most of the team and have a WOW freshman coming in ... but I agree. Adding in a wow transfer and we could look like a sweet 16 team instead of just an NCAA qualifier.
geeznotagain

Post by geeznotagain »

mathguy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:23 am
I agree geez. I was very proud of the team last year ... but at the same time they showed us exactly how good they were, and exactly how good they were not. They had a solid record, but didn't beat anyone in the SEC that finished ahead of them. They won a first four game against a comparable team, then got kinda hammered in the first round.

The *team* was a solid eat your veggies team, that never really produced an upset.

We *should* be better next year. Despite Cambirdge leaving, we return most of the team and have a WOW freshman coming in ... but I agree. Adding in a wow transfer and we could look like a sweet 16 team instead of just an NCAA qualifier.
Well stated trig-guy. I believe there may have been an upset somewhere in the opening 4 game SEC win streak -- someone we beat that we weren't supposed to beat -- but overall it was as you said, we beat the teams we were supposed to beat and lost to the teams we were supposed to lose to. One glaring exception I recall is the unexpected loss to Mizzou.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic