Q

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.
Charlestonalum

Q

Post by Charlestonalum »

My wife and I finally got to have supper with Quentin Millora-Brown last night before he leaves Charleston after a very successful year at The Citadel. He is a wonderful young man and expressed his joy for playing at Vanderbilt and graduating with a degree in mechanical engineering. He plans to see if he can play pro ball overseas (preferably in the far east. He confirmed what we have said on the board over and over and that is that Vanderbilt can't even look at the majority of the pool of players out there. One of the university screening approaches is looking at potential candidate's social media and if there are things there that reflect character questions coaches are not allowed to recruit. So it is not just grades and intelligence that Vanderbilt is concerned with regarding students - I trust they do the same with all undergrads, but did not ask Q that question. We were both incredibly impressed with his intelligence, maturity and love for Vanderbilt.
Q and JR.jpeg
Q and JR.jpeg (103.08 KiB) Viewed 1081 times
He gave us a basket of Vanderbilt swag in the picture and signed my old basketball signed by the 2012 team.
EagleDore

Re: Q

Post by EagleDore »

Good for you. Sounds like a nice evening. Appreciate the insights into recruiting. Not surprising at all.
Dallasdore

Post by Dallasdore »

I hope you are not going to try to out-rebound him Charleston! :lol:

Such a great kid, he always played above his skill level it seemed, loved having him for his four years here.
ForeverHopeful

Post by ForeverHopeful »

What a great picture and wonderful evening for you and your wife! I've gotten to know the family and they are all truly wonderful. I'm so glad we had QMB as a student-athlete!
mathguy

Post by mathguy »

Dallasdore wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:16 am I hope you are not going to try to out-rebound him Charleston! :lol:

Such a great kid, he always played above his skill level it seemed, loved having him for his four years here.
Rebounding is all positioning, not height. Charleston just has to box out!!
VU1970

Post by VU1970 »

"It's just a jump."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic