Vandy-MSU 3

For fan discussion of the glorious Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.
UltimateVUFan

Re: Vandy-MSU 3

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Hines about single-handed won this series. Bad decision not to walk him.
UltimateVUFan

Post by UltimateVUFan »

And there goes any chance of hosting a regional. Barring a ridiculously unexpected finish to the regular season.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

All those home runs and we were too proud to walk Hines. Cost us the series.
Scrappy

Post by Scrappy »

TAPS

R.I.P.

It was a fun ride.

Hopefully not. But we will have to wait a few months and see what Corbs does.
kslaught

Post by kslaught »

admin wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:16 pm All those home runs and we were too proud to walk Hines. Cost us the series.
and quite possibly the season
Goldstar

Post by Goldstar »

Corbs is a great manager, recruiter and administrator but he has poor instincts. No way you pitch to Hines in that situation, the way he gad been hitting all weekend. If they go ahead, you are not going to let him
be the one to do it. Extremely disappointing.
Roan0ke

Post by Roan0ke »

Bases loaded nobody out in 7th, runner at third one out in 8th. 1 run total. That is what cost us the game.

Well executed bunts in both cases and we win.

Failure to execute. I realize the terrible strike zone affected the hitters. Still, badly blown opportunities late yesterday and today.

And using up Seiber yesterday cost us today too. Some bad gambles yesterday.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We'll probably have to win the SEC tourney to host.
ndorefin

Post by ndorefin »

I realize we can always look at our team and think of the ways we could have won a game, but it seems we make so many bad coaching decisions that have costs us games. How do we win so often and continue to make bonehead decisions. I know the adage is that you don’t put the winning runner on base, but I would rather have the extremely hot, seasoned veteran home run hitter on base than at the plate going against a freshman. It was a recipe for disaster and disaster struck! In addition, why would you pinch hit a guy hitting .158 against SEC pitching, with a bad leg (Bulger) for a guy hitting .278 in the SEC and is one of our faster players (Hewitt)? There’s no guarantee Hewitt would have hit the same ball, but if he had, he would have beat it out by a mile! And not bunting in obvious situations????

Another wasted Sunday afternoon! I will be surprised if we win another SEC series this year! At Georgia, home versus ut and UK on the road!🥺
It looks bleak, but this is our team win or lose, so, I suspect I will keep watching!
Charlestonalum

Post by Charlestonalum »

ndorefin wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:43 pm I realize we can always look at our team and think of the ways we could have won a game, but it seems we make so many bad coaching decisions that have costs us games. How do we win so often and continue to make bonehead decisions. I know the adage is that you don’t put the winning runner on base, but I would rather have the extremely hot, seasoned veteran home run hitter on base than at the plate going against a freshman. It was a recipe for disaster and disaster struck! In addition, why would you pinch hit a guy hitting .158 against SEC pitching, with a bad leg (Bulger) for a guy hitting .278 in the SEC and is one of our faster players (Hewitt)? There’s no guarantee Hewitt would have hit the same ball, but if he had, he would have beat it out by a mile! And not bunting in obvious situations????

Another wasted Sunday afternoon! I will be surprised if we win another SEC series this year! At Georgia, home versus ut and UK on the road!🥺
It looks bleak, but this is our team win or lose, so, I suspect I will keep watching!
Our bonehead coach is a hall of famer: name a Vanderbilt coach who has /is better.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic