Transfer Tracker

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.
commadore

Re: Transfer Tracker

Post by commadore »

Nashmann wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:20 am Up to 17 players in the portal many are OUR top players! Will Sheppard thanks Mason but no current coaches!! How many total players leaving besides portal ones? How many can we sign? We have a few really good commits....can we hang on to them until early signing day 12/20/23???
There, fixed it for you.
bhoyal

Post by bhoyal »

Bangura (RB - DeMatha H.S. / Ohio U.) approx. 2000 rushing yards in 2 college seasons just hit the portal.

If he has the grades, that's the age old question. Should be reasonable NIL $$.

Mydores

Post by Mydores »

I wonder if any of these players are just testing the portal to see what kind of offers they may get and if Vandy will try to find the money to keep them like they did with T. L. In basketball.
Charlestonalum

Post by Charlestonalum »

ChattaDore wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:36 pm I think we’ve hit the point that no kid good enough to play football in the SEC will choose to attend Vanderbilt regardless of the education experience. As a matter fact, a lot of people I talk to in executive level positions don’t want to hire kids from far left leaning institutions. So there’s that going against us too. The football team is bad, the pay to play is uncompetitive and the degree isn’t worth what it once was. I don’t blame them for leaving or not choosing Vandy any longer.
A proper university welcomes a wide variety of ideas, too bad the executives don't understand this: seems they might not have been well educated themselves. Vanderbilt is more competitive than it ever has been for admissions so not sure what you base the conclusion "the degree isn't worth what it once was." I quote Charles Dickens and say "Bah! Humbug!" It surely cost a lot more to obtain.
Fayettedore

Post by Fayettedore »

Charlestonalum wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:12 am
ChattaDore wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:36 pm I think we’ve hit the point that no kid good enough to play football in the SEC will choose to attend Vanderbilt regardless of the education experience. As a matter fact, a lot of people I talk to in executive level positions don’t want to hire kids from far left leaning institutions. So there’s that going against us too. The football team is bad, the pay to play is uncompetitive and the degree isn’t worth what it once was. I don’t blame them for leaving or not choosing Vandy any longer.
A proper university welcomes a wide variety of ideas, too bad the executives don't understand this: seems they might not have been well educated themselves. Vanderbilt is more competitive than it ever has been for admissions so not sure what you base the conclusion "the degree isn't worth what it once was." I quote Charles Dickens and say "Bah! Humbug!" It surely cost a lot more to obtain.
I couldn't agree with you more CA. Further, I too work with a lot of CEOs and I have heard NONE -- literally zero -- say anything like that, either in general or about VU in particular. The ones I talk with say they look for people who can think for themselves and work through problems. That post sounds like the kind of puerile BS you see on Volnation, not on a VU board.
blockandgold

Post by blockandgold »

My comment last week expressing a possible hope seems more possible today. Coach is bringing in a new team. The reason for players to transfer seems to be $$. This is going to be a busy couple of weeks. Hope we get a new OC pronto.
alathIN

Post by alathIN »

Fayettedore wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:41 pm
I couldn't agree with you more CA. Further, I too work with a lot of CEOs and I have heard NONE -- literally zero -- say anything like that, either in general or about VU in particular. The ones I talk with say they look for people who can think for themselves and work through problems. That post sounds like the kind of puerile BS you see on Volnation, not on a VU board.
The people I have met at the upper levels of their fields have rarely come across as devoted partisans. "I'm going to adopt a fixed set of biases and attitudes, declare my undying loyalty to them, and then adhere to them rigidly in every situation I encounter" is not a winning strategy for any task other than pandering to like-minded ideologues. It's a big hit in politics and the rapidly growing industry of Hollering Media, not much else.
vandy05

Post by vandy05 »

alathIN wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:07 pm
Fayettedore wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:41 pm

The people I have met at the upper levels of their fields have rarely come across as devoted partisans. "I'm going to adopt a fixed set of biases and attitudes, declare my undying loyalty to them, and then adhere to them rigidly in every situation I encounter" is not a winning strategy for any task other than pandering to like-minded ideologues. It's a big hit in politics and the rapidly growing industry of Hollering Media, not much else.
Post of the week!
UltimateVUFan

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Jayden McGowan to South Carolina.
Oy vey…
commadore

Post by commadore »

UltimateVUFan wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:48 pm Jayden McGowan to South Carolina.
Oy vey…
I am sorry, but it really pi$$es me off to see our best players go to other SEC teams. I hope he flunks his underwater basket weaving course and develops a severe case of the dropseys. The official commadore curse has been cast. :twisted:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic