Transfer Tracker

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.
commadore

Re: Transfer Tracker

Post by commadore »

Unless we get a qb in the portal, we WILL have a freshman qb next year.
AuricGoldfinger

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

dore74 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:48 pm Our guy Clark better get an OC in quick. I hear Auric is hearing from NCSt with some serious NIL money
Got a big Ivermectin deal cooking with them...

NateSY

Post by NateSY »

I’m tracking the Humphreys situation but not adding him until it’s confirmed.
geeznotagain

Post by geeznotagain »

I don't understand the rationale behind the demotions. If I had been demoted at work, I might be tempted to give it less than 100% and/or look for something else. I say keep 'em or cut 'em loose entirely.
Utahozzie

Post by Utahozzie »

Very obvious from reading players tweets that this coaching staff lost the team’s confidence and trust. These guys aren’t transferring because “it’s the new landscape of football” they are transferring because this staff is a train wreck and the kids know it. If culture was good and the team was competitive half these guys would have stayed
UltimateVUFan

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Utahozzie wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:48 am Very obvious from reading players tweets that this coaching staff lost the team’s confidence and trust. These guys aren’t transferring because “it’s the new landscape of football” they are transferring because this staff is a train wreck and the kids know it. If culture was good and the team was competitive half these guys would have stayed
I said this after the South Carolina game. Many people still defended Lea. However, my thought was that given the uphill battle that is SEC football for VU, as long as players were still bought in I might give him the benefit of the doubt. It was completely obvious in that game that most seemed checked out. That’s a problem that isn’t an easy fix, and the transfer portal is going to reveal the full extent of the problem. Unfortunately, I see no way that VU is able to replace what they’re losing with the same quality of transfers in. I’d love to be proven wrong; but I won’t be.
Vandyd

Post by Vandyd »

NateSY wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:24 pm I’m tracking the Humphreys situation but not adding him until it’s confirmed.
Sherrill is another name to watch as well.
VUdores05

Post by VUdores05 »

Man the school picked a terrible time to rebuild the stadium. It's a lost cause now.
UltimateVUFan

Post by UltimateVUFan »

VUdores05 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:16 am Man the school picked a terrible time to rebuild the stadium. It's a lost cause now.
Especially considering how many other football-related uses that money could have gone to. If you want to compete, rather than raising money through University channels, encourage donors to give to Anchor Collective for NIL. Or use the money from the capital campaign to hire better coaches. Stadium is a waste.
Vandyd

Post by Vandyd »

Seeing a lot of London is headed to Georgia. Wouldn't doubt Junior Sherrill ends up at Auburn his hs QB is there. We could have gone from a great wr core to being one of the weakest units next year.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic