transfer portal

For fan discussion of the glorious Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.
kslaught

Re: transfer portal

Post by kslaught »

Echoing a couple of comments here, the game has changed. We may not like it, but thats the deal if we want to compete. I love Corbs, he has brought us something that we will probably never see in either basketball, or football, national titles. I hope he doesn't get discouraged and quit. But we need him to make some changes in his mindset. No one expects to keep players for 4 years anymore. If you do, chances are that they weren't good enough to go pro after 3, and probably never will be. The name of the game is so called "gorilla ball". Other SEC teams bash the hell out of the ball compared to us. We are last place in the SEC in homers. I believe almost all the A&M players we faced this past weekend were transfers. Our pitchers are decent, but not good enough to hold up against these power hitting teams. We need hitters, or our program is going to continue to lose ground in the SEC.
cjdore

Re: transfer portal

Post by cjdore »

kslaught wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:13 pm Echoing a couple of comments here, the game has changed. We may not like it, but thats the deal if we want to compete. I love Corbs, he has brought us something that we will probably never see in either basketball, or football, national titles. I hope he doesn't get discouraged and quit. But we need him to make some changes in his mindset. No one expects to keep players for 4 years anymore. If you do, chances are that they weren't good enough to go pro after 3, and probably never will be. The name of the game is so called "gorilla ball". Other SEC teams bash the hell out of the ball compared to us. We are last place in the SEC in homers. I believe almost all the A&M players we faced this past weekend were transfers. Our pitchers are decent, but not good enough to hold up against these power hitting teams. We need hitters, or our program is going to continue to lose ground in the SEC.
I fear Corbs will start feeling like nick Saban and may retire before the bottom falls out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic